Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sunrise, Sunset


34 years ago,
my brand new sisters-in-law,
Pat & Lynn,
sang this song at our wedding breakfast.
(Sunrise, Sunset)
Everyone was crying except Rick & me.
We were just happy to finally be
starting the 'sunrise'
of our new lives together.

It truly does seem like just yesterday




Rick & I are soulmates. 
We are cut out of the same cloth,
two peas in a pod,
bread and butter,
We are best friends.

Now as we are hurdling toward the
'sunset' of our lives,
the love we feel for each other
becomes more clear,
more pronounced,
less encumbered,
more pure.

I love you Rickey,
Higher than the sky,
Deeper than the sea.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

OH, so cute and sappy. You two were made for each other. Happy Anniversary!!

Jen Jenkins said...

Awwww! How romantic! Those pictures are priceless! I didn't know they had cameras back then?!

p.s. If you are in the 'sunset' of your life, I think I'm due a midlife crisis!

xoxo