Monday, October 25, 2010

Heavy Laden

Our Sweet Little Peach Tree...
Mid May I forced Rick to thin the almond sized peaches to 1 or 2 every 5 inches.
1/2 Home Depot orange bucket full.
It was almost shaken to death on June 1st from extreme winds....
Another 3/4 Home Depot orange bucket full of walnut sized peaches.
Normal mid-June natural 'drop' = 1/4 Home Depot orange bucket full.
I cried.  We didn't think we would have any peaches at all!
Well, we were wrong.
Our little tree was so full the branches were laying on the ground!
One large branch even broke.
I was able to put up about 3 dozen quarts of peaches, plus share
with family and friends.

After harvest, with Rick saying "are you sure?"....
We trimmed our little tree. Hopefully, no broken branches next year.
With a nice trim.
 This is our Monster 'Early Girl' Tomato Plant.
Not many 'early' tomatoes, but an abundant fall crop. 
Enough to be able to put up 10 jars of Salsa
and 5 jars of Chili base.


Our gorgeous Rosemary plant.
I dried some rosemary last year and used it all winter. 
Awesome!
I really do feel like Martha Stewart!


2 comments:

Jen Jenkins said...

WOW! I definately did NOT inherite your green thumb! Although, I do grow some mean weeds! xoxo

Diana said...

I'm so proud of you! Look at all your growing an canning prowess! Way to go, looks yummy!