Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Summer so far....

I know! I know! It's been too long since my last post. Posting blogs is not one of my priorities. Most of my blog worthy activites are shared with my two ultra blogging daughters and their families who post often (with videos no less!) and that tends to lessen the motivation a bit, but in keeping with the spirit of the 'blog' I will attempt to update you on my summer so far...(I might even try to change the font or the print color...wish me luck!)

June 1-5, Martin's Cove and Mount Rushmore

Rick & I, my sister Susie and her husband Mike and our brother-in-law Brownie visited Martin's Cove, WY. With an interesting overnight in Muddy Gap, in an old single wide trailer... Me: "Where are the two other bedrooms? You said three bedrooms." Middle Eastern clerk: "No, three beds!"











On to Mt. Rushmore...we actually found a very nice motel in Custer, SD with three 'separate' rooms! Loved the Black Hills! Beautiful scenery, wildlife, food and activities.



We also enjoyed Jewel Cave, Custer National Park and Ellsworth Air Force Base, home of the South Dakota Air & Space Museum and the B-2 bomber!
















We loved exploring quaint Hill City and Keystone, expecially loved riding the old train.

I wish that I could end this blog on a happy note, but, since just this little blog has taken me 1 1/2 hours to prepare, I'll need to update our later activities later, maybe NEVER! I keep trying to put the pictures in order, then for some reason they'd disappear, then I'd download them again, only to have the pictures all over the place! Please enjoy what you see, it was hard! I'm sorry that the pictures seem to be all over the place. I get it looking great in my draft but the preview has everything all over the place. Can you tell I'm just a 'wee bit' frustrated?

P.S. Summer so far has been great!

4 comments:

Jen Jenkins said...

Mom, why are your pictures all over the place? xoxo

Judy said...

Ugh!!!!

Diana said...

I get frustrated at putting photos into my blog too. Maybe we need to find someone who really knows what they are doing. I think the key is doing them in another program and then into the blog. I always enjoy hearing and seeing what you and Rick are doing. Don't give up! I have been so busy this summer, I haven't had time to put in much of what I wanted either. Take Care.

Kathy said...

Ok, so I obviously have not been blogging lately, hence, I just read your new post that is 1 month old =). So glad that you had such a good trip. I still laugh about your night at Muddy Gap. Quite the cozy experience. Love ya!!