Monday, February 9, 2009

Out of the Dreariness...




What can I say? The start of this year has been tough. My dear sister Deanna is dying of cancer. In fact at this moment I am waiting for a call from Brownie letting me know that she has moved on. One of her favorite quotes is: "Out of the dreariness, into the cheeriness, come we joyfully, home."
January 6th I traveled to Newport Beach, CA to spend some time with her. My sister Sue joined me on the 9th and the three of us had three great days together. The day I left was the hardest. I had to say good-bye. Literally. We hugged and cried and hugged some more. Words cannot express how much she will be missed. So, I will take some advise from myself and say 'see ya later' my dear sister Dee. I love you.

3 comments:

Jen Jenkins said...

Oh Mom... what a sweet post. You have had a rough couple of months. I am so sorry... just know that I love you and am so grateful for you.

Diana said...

Dear Judy...your family is really getting its tests. Oh, how very difficult this time must be for you. I can't imagine. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Your sister looks like such a sweetheart. I'm going to take her quote and use it in my life. Love, Diana

Kathy said...

Loved your post. What a cute picture of you girls just hangin' out. I know that losing Deanna is a tough loss for you. Know that she is watching over you and would want you to come away from this in 'cheerfulness'. Lots of hugs from me ;)