Friday, October 3, 2008

My Mother, Myself














My daughter Jenny decided to write in her blog about the things that she was thankful for and she inspired me. I started to think about what I am grateful for and decided I'll be posting updates occasionally. Today I have been thinking about my dear Mother. I'm thankful to her for giving me life. For enduring the LONG nine months of complete discomfort and the LONG hours of labor and delivery, the LONG episodes of crying, the LONG sleepless nights. Come to think of it, she endured a lot from me. Heaven knows she was not perfect. But she did the best she could with what she knew and was taught. She'll be 89 in December and I'm always comparing her different ages to were I am now...ie; when she was my age I was.....for some strange reason in my mind she always seems older than me.
She taught me to be honest. She taught me how to work hard. She taught me to always tell the truth. She taught me patience. She taught me compassion. She taught me about God and His Son. She taught me about love.

I love you Mom, and I am thankful for you.

2 comments:

Jen Jenkins said...

What a sweet post! And everything she taught you, you taught me, and hopefully I can teach my daughters. 4 generations!! I love you Mom!

Denise said...

Aunt Judy,

Wow. What a wonderful post...of both your mom and dad. You are so sweet and thoughtful to do this. How honored your parents should be to have such a lovely, compassionate daughter!